" We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands" --Kristi Larson







Saturday, July 10, 2010

Medical Clinic in Guangzhou

Today, Saturday July 10th, was the day to go to the medical clinic to make sure Lina was healthy.  We were lucky that she did not require any vaccination shots.  All we had to do was get a TB skin test done.  There were a lot of families, but our guide, Simon, got us through in just an hour.  We really didn't have to wait at all.
It was funny to watch the hearing test.  The nurse put a squeaky toy next to Lina's ears and asked her if she heard them.  Then she used a real high-tech medical instrument, a household flashlight, to look into Lina's mouth.  Hey, it works!

The nurses kept measuring Lina's height.  They went around her hairbow and were looking at her shoe sole.  I guess she is tall for her age!

2 comments:

The Ordinary Horse said...

Hi Sheri, it's Sarah...Ava-Meiying's (Guilin girl) mom. I just wanted to tell you that Lina is so beautiful. She looks so sweet. I loved how you said that she is very well mannered. Ava is still this way too. Very graceful in her movements and asks permission for everything. Glad everything is going well. The grieving will take time. It's good that she can feel that emotion and that she had that attachment. You know that will help her attach to you. Thanks for sharing!

signed--me said...

Hi Sheri,

I am working on preparing a course for families adopting from China and as I was searching for information about TB testing I came across the picture of your daughter getting her TB test done. Would it be possible for me to use this in our course? It is such a perfect picture to include! You can contact me directly at katie.sharp at heartofthematterseminars dot com

Thanks for considering this!