" We witness a miracle every time a child enters into life. But those who make their journey home across time and miles, growing within the hearts of those who wait to love them, are carried on the wings of destiny and placed among us by God's very own hands" --Kristi Larson







Saturday, January 30, 2010

JANUARY 23
Woke up this morning to find out that we had a referral in our email! What a weekend! Matt was at his Men's Retreat. I had a feeling all week that something was going to happen and when I got this email I didn't even open it; I just sat and prayed that God would make it clear if this was our daughter.
He did. I fell in love with that face! She is beautiful! All the pieces came together after I made many, many important phone calls to make sure we were making an informed decision. I just heard comfirmation again and again, but it didn't seem to matter because I just knew this is the girl God has chosen for us!
I warned Matt not to look at her picture until he read her file (which I did as well). When he saw her picture, he was smitten:) He said it was amazing how much she loooked like Kaylie and if Kaylie was Chinese this would be what she looks like. God is awesome!
On Sunday, we sent in our LOI (Letter of Intent to Adopt) and started making calls to the family. So Excited!!

No comments: